Wolseong Fortress, Gyeongju, South Korea

Monday, November 2, 2009

Traveling Around Myanmar

Because of the horror stories about the bad roads, unreliable bus schedules, and poor condition of buses, I opted to travel by air to go around Myanmar.

It was a wise decision.   I took Yangon Airways to go to the other three major destinations( i.e. Bagan, Mandalay and Inle)  in Myanmar. My four airlines tickets  (Yangon to Bagan, Bagan to Mandalay, Mandalay to Inle, and Inle to Yangon) cost around US$190.  My Yangon Airways flights were all on schedule, and it was a comfortable ride on their planes.

To arrange for these flights, I only had to email Columbus Travel and Tours at www.travelmyanmar.com  They promptly responded, and the tickets were ready for my pick-up on the date and time that I specified. I paid for my ticket in cash at the office of Columbus Travel and Tours.  Credit cards are not accepted in Myanmar.

No comments:

Post a Comment