Wolseong Fortress, Gyeongju, South Korea

Friday, December 3, 2010

World Peace Pagoda: A Hike in the Clouds




It was a cloudy day when I made my climb up to the World Peace Pagoda, the white stupa built by Japanese Buddhist monks. The Pagoda is on top of a hill on the other side of Lake Phewa. It is visible on a clear day from Pokhara town.

I opted to do the trek to the World Peace Pagoda by taking a boat from Pokhara town to Lychee Garden Resort which is at the base of the hill. The resort provides free round trip boat rides from Pokhara to the resort provided you take your meals in their restaurant. I had my best meal in Nepal in Lychee Garden Resort feasting on traditional nepali food.

The climb to the World Peace Pagoda takes about an hour. It was a bit difficult because the path was slippery due to the rains. But your efforts are well rewarded with truly incredible views of the lake and the surrounding mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment