Wolseong Fortress, Gyeongju, South Korea

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Roxas City: Seafood Capital???


















The reason why I decided to pass by Roxas City on my way to Boracay was their fresh and reasonably priced seafoods which I have read about.  Afterall, Roxas City prides itself as the seafood capital of the Philippines.

However, I was in for a major disappointment.  Not only were there not a lot of seafood choices but the prices also were not reasonable.  At the Seafood Court in the People's Park Plaza, they were selling steamed small crabs for P100 (US$ 2.32) per piece and  a small slice of blue marlin at P150 (US$3.40). A bit reasonable was the sea shells in a small soup bowl for P80 (US$1.80).  The prices were a lot more expensive than in Manila. No wonder there were very people dining at the place during the lunch hour that I was there. 

For this reason I decided to stay for just a night instead of 2 nights as I originally planned.  The title "Seafood Capital" is undeserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment