Wolseong Fortress, Gyeongju, South Korea

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Qutub Complex: Of Ticket Sellers and A Grand Site

Good thing I did not allow yet another attempt by the ticket seller at the ticket admission booth to short changed me to ruin my enjoyment of Qutub Complex. I was cheated of my change for my admission ticket at the Red Fort. And I remembered that there is a warning in my guide book about the prevalent practice of shortchanging foreign tourists by ticket sellers at India's famous tourists spots. So this time, I was alert and called the ticket seller's attention that he gave me the wrong change.

Anyway, a must see in Delhi is the Qutub Complex, a Unesco World Heritage Site in Delhi. The place has awe inspiring minaret, the Qutub Minar, and a grand mosque, the Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque. It also has well preserved ruins which will remind you of the famous ancient ruins of Greece. This was the best place that I visited in Delhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment