Wolseong Fortress, Gyeongju, South Korea

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Phonm Penh's Pride





Phonm Penh's best attraction is its Royal Palace which is still the official residence of its King. It is impressive in its own right but pales in comparison to the Grand Palace in Bangkok.

Within the compound of the Royal Palace is the Silver Pagoda, the floor of which is covered with 5000 shining silver tiles. Inside the Pagoda is a baccarat crystal Buddha and life-sized solid gold Buddha which is adorned with diamonds. Unfortunately, photography is not permitted so you just have to be content to view these truly remarkable Buddhas.

1 comment:

  1. Hola Francis.Very interesting post. Please know that I lost my celfone last week and have been unable to communicate with any of my old friends/contacts. Please send me your contact details.I have to recreate my phone directory from scratch Grrrrrr!! Pls send info to my old cel number and also my email ad just to be sure. Thanx

    ReplyDelete