Wolseong Fortress, Gyeongju, South Korea

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunrise Over Mt. Sinai





To catch sunrise at Mt. Sinai one has to be at the base by 2am. Its about a 4 hours climb and may be quite difficult. I attempted to do the climb on foot for about 30 minutes but it was really tiring for me so I opted to take a camel ride to the top.

It was a wise decision! I was able to conserve my energy for final 30 minute steep hike in which you have no choice but to do on foot. But the most amazing part was that I was treated to a very relaxing ride with spectacular views and the changing colors of the sky as sunrise approaches. The people who were with me on the tour regretted that they did not take the camel ride and were very envious of how relaxed and fresh I looked when they caught up with me at rest stop where the camel ride ends.

The view of the sunrise at the summit of Mt. Sinai was truly awesome and worth the long and difficult climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment